We received many thumbs up about our first ASNYC Community Spring Fair on Saturday, March 23…
“What a lovely and lively event!”
“What a nice Fair today!”
“There was a wonderful feeling in the space and it was a good event from many angles…
Followed up by the concert, it was a near perfect conclusion.”
“We made a stop at the Fellowship Community on our way upstate,
and we heard glowing reports of the event, the people, the Auditorium, and the bookstore.”
What else can we add to these congratulatory notes? Yes, the space was filled with sparkling conversations among the ASNYC members and friends, while browsing through nourishing offerings by anthroposophically inspired practitioners: Art Dispersal by Free Columbia, KaChi Therapeutics, Fiber Craft Studio, wool paintings by Judit Gilbert, handmade items by the Fellowship Community members, rhythmic massage by Judith Brockway, Dynamic Name Analysis by Marta Stemberger. (You can read more about their products and services below.)
Hawthorne Valley Farm Store brought a platter of delicious cookies and brownies. Weleda gave us a generous selection of body care products, enough for two surprise door prizes. The other two door prizes were a $25 gift certificate from Rudolf Steiner Bookstore, and a star map donated by Jonathan Hilton.
We had close to 100 people come through our beautiful Auditorium, which is a huge achievement for our small Branch. We reached our goal to bring more people in, and ended with a small profit as well.
Saturday, March 23, 2019
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
138 West 15th Street, NYC (between 6th and 7th avenues)
Community event. Open to all. Free admission.
COMMUNITY SPRING FAIR
Organized by Anthroposophy NYC
Come to socialize and browse anthroposophically inspired products and initiatives by a range of carefully selected producers and artisans: art, fiber crafts, handmade wood items, crystals, candles, herbal preparations, food, and more.
The proceeds from this fair will support the activities of Anthroposophy NYC, a small branch of the Anthroposophical Society in America, located in the heart of the Big Apple. We are aiming to become a more vibrant community, reaching out into this cosmopolitan city with messages arising out of Rudolf Steiner’s work.
Would you be willing to greet people at the door or distribute the flyers at the Spring Fair? Send a message to programs (at) asnyc.org and let us know if you can contribute a couple of hours this Saturday.
- Take with you a piece of original art, for free or give a generous contribution to Free Columbia, a provider of Art Dispersal as an experience of the Free Cultural Realm (click here for more information)
- Experience the delight of KaChi Therapeutics, hand-made botanical fragrances, herbal tinctures, and body products, made from organic and biodynamic ingredients (click here for more information)
- Browse unique plant-dyed materials, yarns, and craft kits by Fiber Craft Studio from the Threefold Community in Chestnut Ridge, NY (click here to learn more about Fiber Craft Studio)
- Marvel at felt paintings by Judit Gilbert, and purchase one to enjoy at home (click here to learn more about Judit GIlbert’s wool pictures)
- Stock up on beeswax candles and wood items, hand-made by the senior members of the Fellowship Community, an inter-generational care community in Chestnut Ridge, NY. And yes, there will be crystals, too, from a collection of Dr. Gerald Karnow, MD, an anthroposophical physician at Fellowship Community, in Chestnut Ridge, NY (click here to learn more about this community)
- Experience anthroposophical rhythmical massage with Judith Brockway (20 min sample sessions for $20). To book a sample session, please email programs (at) asnyc.org (click here to learn more about the rhythmical massage)
- Body care samples by Weleda, founded in 1921 by Dr. Rudolf Steiner along with Dr. Ita Wegman (click here to learn more about Weleda)
- Uncover the wisdom, hidden in your name, with Dynamic Name Analysis, based on the insights from eurythmy, by Marta Stemberger (20 min sample analysis for $20). To book a sample session, please email programs (at) asnyc.org (click here to learn more about Dynamic Name Analysis)
- 15% discount at our Rudolf Steiner Bookstore. Yes, you can read more about it by clicking here, but the best way to experience the inviting atmosphere is by stepping by.
Surprise door raffles at 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. Come, sign up, and hang around…